OPEN CALL – Join our Advisory Board! Apply by 15 April
Join our Advisory Board and help shape the Multiverse
Eastside Projects is a not-for-profit company, limited by guarantee and is governed by an Advisory Board which is made up of our Company Directors – Gavin Wade, Ruth Claxton and Tom Bloor – and a group of external Advisors.
Advisors usually serve for two years and are key ‘critical friends’, taking an active role in developing and supporting the organization, drawing on their individual expertise to offer advice and guidance to the Directors as they develop Eastside Projects’ vision, structure and strategy. Members with particular expertise may also be asked to contribute to individual projects.
The Advisory Board meets quarterly and minutes from all meetings form part of Eastside Projects’ reporting to Arts Council England as a National Portfolio Organisation. You can find out more about our current Board members, and everyone else who helps make Eastside Projects happen, HERE.
Legal responsibility for the Eastside Projects sits with the Company Directors
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who can help us …
- SURVIVE by developing a resilient, thoughtful multiverse supported by responsive, adaptable structures and networks.
- SUPPORT by working alongside others to create, commission and share artworks and practices that demonstrate the many ways that artists are useful to society.
- BE ATTENTIVE by listening, taking note, reflecting and responding.
- CENTRE THE ARTIST by reimagining what an artist-led space can be, and becoming it.
- MAKE CIVIC SPACE by putting artists’ practice at the centre of the life of the city
This is the first time we have recruited a board member through an Open Call, and in doing so we hope to reach beyond our existing networks. We particularly welcome applications from people who identify as female or non-binary. We are building an Advisory Board whose members have diverse skills, backgrounds and life experiences, and believe knowledge and expertise is transferable and produced in many different ways, so if you think you could contribute we would love to hear from you.
How to Apply
Please send the following to email@example.com by 15 April 2021:
1. A letter of application (up to one side of A4) OR a video (up to three minutes long) OR a voice note (up to three minutes long) that tells us:
- Who you are, including where you are based.
- Why you would like to join our Advisory Board.
- What you think you will be able to contribute.
2. An up to date CV and your contact details including your phone number.
Please also complete our monitoring form – you’ll find it HERE
If you have any questions, or would like a quick chat before applying, please drop Ruth Claxton (Associate Director) an email on firstname.lastname@example.org