Wednesday, 15 November 2023
12 – 3pm
Explore our exhibitions dankEconogy1_ALIENVillage and U&I during this session which has been designed for people with additional sensory and access needs who would enjoy a quieter, calmer visit to our exhibitions.
What to expect:
- Warm and friendly welcome from our staff.
- Lowered sounds and lights.
- Chairs to rest, with backs.
- Large format and audio versions of written material.
- Transcripts of the videos ‘The Villagers’ and ‘Honey’ in English.
- Transcript of the video in the Ampule chamber in Punjabi.
- Support dogs welcomed – we do not allow other dogs into the space unless they are small enough to be carried.
- Wheelchair accessible entrance and exhibition space (except for the computer game which requires visitors to lie down in order to play).
- Spotlight in dark areas upon request.
- Tea and Coffee
To help you before your visit find:
Our access guide for both exhibitions HERE
An audio described tour of dankEconogy1_ALIENVillage HERE
An audio described tour of U&I HERE
Our Gallery Access Guide HERE
Please note that this accessible session will be within the gallery’s normal opening hours, however we have chosen a quieter time which will ensure it is more relaxed. Signage will be posted asking all visitors to maintain lowered conversation volume during this time.
Both exhibitions do contain sound, but we will ensure it is at a low level for this session.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to email our team at: email@example.com.