EOP Summer Camp Show 2023 – Open Call
Deadline: 18 June 2023
WHAT IS THE SUMMER CAMP SHOW?
EOP Summer Camp is a testing ground, an opportunity to share work and come together with fellow EOP members and friends. It is a key moment in the EOP calendar when members take over Eastside Projects, culminating in the Summer Camp Show, a celebration of the membership, and the work you make.
18 June – Registration Deadline
3 July – Confirmation of inclusion
7 July – Final files for the Summer Camp Showreel transferred to EP
Deliver physical work on:
Friday 28 July (10am–6pm)
1 – 3 August (10am-6pm)
4 August 10am–12 midday at the very latest
Summer Camp Show Launch:
Digbeth First Friday, 4 August, 6–9pm
Summer Camp Show continues:
Saturday, 5 August, 12–5pm
Summer Camp Online – moving image works hosted on STREAM
Collect your work:
8 – 11 August (10am–6pm).
ELIGIBILITY and HOW TO TAKE PART
- This opportunity is only open to EOP members. It is not too late to join! find out more about membership HERE.
- Each EOP Member can register one piece of work for the Summer Camp Show.
- All work must have been created within the last two years.
- All works have to be compatible with our Code of Conduct.
- The Eastside Projects team will install the show so work needs to arrive ready to hang/show – ie with fixings and instructions.
As over 500 EOP members are eligible to take part we have some restrictions on the size/duration of work we can include:
- Floor based/3D work maximum size of 1m x 1m x any height.
- Wall based/2D work maximum size of 1.2m x 1.2m.
- Moving Image works will be shown on a showreel. Maximum length 10 minutes.
REGISTER MOVING IMAGE WORKS HERE
If you have any questions, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or come along to our online Summer Camp Info Session on Wednesday 19 April, 1–2pm. This will be a relaxed opportunity for us to chat through how the Summer Camp Show works, how to approach a Micro Residency application, and answer any questions you might have.