Open Call: Miniature Pieces of Artwork Inspired by ‘Restriction’
Led by Amanda Lynch and Clayhill Arts
Deadline: 14 February 2021
Inspired by Mail Art and COVID-19 restrictions, Amanda Lynch and Clayhill Arts, Somerset seek new work for an exhibition of miniature artworks to be displayed in a set of old letter press drawers and showcased online through livestream and video.
Artists are invited to create small works for the drawers’ compartments (which range in size from 3cm x 3cm to 6cm x 13.5cm) inspired by the theme of ‘Restriction’ and what that means in the context of COVID-19 and lockdown. Four compartments will be allocated to each artist. Artists are welcome to make one piece of work broken up into four parts, this could be in drawers adjacent to one another or spread out. All appropriate art forms are welcome, including digital. Please note that there is no power supply to the drawers.
Application is open to all artists based in the UK and internationally with a fee of £50 reserved for each artist. Work by emerging artists, d/Deaf and disabled artists is particularly encouraged.
To apply, email email@example.com the following details:
- Your name, email address, phone number and location
- A short description of the artwork you would like to create (100 to 300 words) including: the materials you plan to use and how you plan to respond to the theme of ‘Restriction’
- Alternatively, you can send an audio recording or a short video (around 3 minutes) in English or BSL
- A description about yourself and the artwork you create. You can include a link to a website and/or a PDF of images
- Email your application or send a video via WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please say if you’re disabled and/or an emerging artist